India is witnessing a gigantic surge in online stores and online demand for products ranging from a nail to a ship. In such a scenario, when healthcare is also at its best in catering to online customers, people are rapidly turning to online pharmacies. However, with facilities come risks! There are many online pharmacies who are selling prescription and over-the-counter medicines which can jeopardise your health. So, when buying online medicines, there are some safety measures which can add to your convenience without compromising with the health.
What can go wrong with online medicine purchase?
There are online stores that are licensed and operate legally. They value your personal information and follow all the privacy policies for your consumer right protection and convenience. But there are also some websites which are not checked for safety or effectiveness. You may end up receiving medicines online which are not approved, have wrong ingredients, or are simply expired. They may result in side effects, addiction of some illicit drugs, or no relief from your problem. The purpose for which you choose to go with online purchase of medicine may prove out to be completely unfulfilled.
How to Identify you are at right Website?
- Before you order medicines online, be sure that you are at the right website.
- A genuine website selling medicine will be licensed and registered.
- The website should never sell any medicine without a prescription from licensed doctor or a health care prescription.
- For any of your queries, there should be licensed person available to answer your queries.
- They should be reachable and communicative to the customers without any ambiguity.
Additional Safety Measures
Everyone has been always buying medicines directly from the pharmacies. Now before you turn extensively to the online pharmacy for your needs, know your medicines well not to get deceived.
- Be able to identify the color, texture, and taste of your medicine.
- For new medicines, show it to a pharmacist or your doctor once you receive it.
- Do not accept any medicine which is not labelled and is not shipped correctly.
- Do not buy if the website itself suggests you some medicine without your physical examination.
- Do not share your personal information and bank details.
While you visit any online medical store, a little cautious move from your side can end up in good results for your health. Online medical stores can be a great option for your time and effort only if they are used smartly. Especially, when it is something concerning your health, be cautious and be informed to make the right choices.